Case study on the organizational transformation of one of Canada's largest airport companies.
Our client is one of Canada’s largest airport companies. In recent years, it has positioned itself as a dynamic hub for passenger traffic, particularly between Europe and North America.
Its vision is to become one of the world's best airport operators, distinguishing itself by the quality of passenger experience. To achieve this, with a total of more than 19 million passengers in 2018 and a sustained customer increase of nearly 7% each year, the company must focus on process efficiency, an innovative overhaul of its structure, and rigorous management of its project portfolio. Levio was therefore mandated to support the company in the creation of a cross-functional project and transformation office as well as in the reorganization of the numerous support services towards a shared administrative department.
The core of the mandate was to implement the project office and to increase its internal credibility by quickly obtaining concrete results. The A.R.T. (Act, Readjust and Transform) approach, developed by Levio Conseils, is strongly focused on the involvement and accountability of key internal players, and is based on consultation and continuous communication with stakeholders.
The Agile character and collective nature of the A.R.T. method was perfectly suited to the cross-functional aspect of the mandate, while its concrete and field-oriented nature suited the need to develop the credibility, legitimacy and visibility of the Transformation Office.
The A.R.T. approach is also inspired by the foundations of Lean Six Sigma, which responded to the need to optimize administrative processes and efficiency research.
- Creation of a Transformation Office
- Consulting in the field of project management and organizational transformations
- Roadmap, project scope and objectives, design, architecture, requirements
- Design of a Transformation Office model
- Creation of a project portfolio governance strategy based on the A.R.T. approach
- Coaching and training of project managers
- Stakeholder management
- Reorganization of the shared administrative service
- Evaluation of existing processes, roles and responsibilities, tasks, service structure and capacity management to maximize services offered
- Change management support during the transition, implementation of the organizational transformation plan (project, communication, training, structure)
- Collaborative workshops with the following objectives:
- clarification of roles and responsibilities and interactions between each of them
- coherence of the work mode and the structure of the administrative service towards a transversal approach breaking the silos
- flexibility to be able to distribute the work more equitably among the employees of the administrative service and to gain in agility
- optimization and standardization of work processes for the execution and follow-up of administrative tasks
- Capacity management to better prioritize and maximize administrative services in this period of business growth
- Transformation and portfolio management approach inspired by Agile.
- Strong strategic positioning of the Office and legitimacy of their role as change agents.
- Project management and change management tools created by Levio now integrated into the client's practices and processes.
- Restructuring of administrative services using the Lean Six Sigma approach in a collaborative mode.
- The Transformation Office was completed on time, on budget and within scope.
- Due to the efficiencies generated by the process optimization, the client did not have to hire the three additional resources initially planned for; instead, they used a single temporary resource to complete the integration of the change.
- Seamless collaboration between partner and client teams.
- In a company with a rather traditional business model, a new culture of innovation was created.
- Levio gained the client's trust and subsequently other mandates.