Find out how we allowed our client to go from being a provincial leader to a major national player.
Our client is one of Canada's largest financial and casualty insurance companies with over $50 billion in assets under management.
Following a major acquisition, our client wanted to move from being a provincial leader to a major national player. This transformation needed to be accomplished while keeping operational costs low and positioning the customer service business at the forefront through digital channels. Prior to Levio's intervention, the client was struggling to implement and consolidate its digital transformation initiatives.
Levio needed to modernize existing IT systems with modern digital technologies, ensuring continuity of current operations. By approaching the problem from an employee and customer perspective, Levio was able to redesign business processes to ensure mass adoption and user satisfaction. Levio leveraged new digital capabilities to gain efficiencies across all business units. The objectives were clear: increase cross-selling of products, reduce churn, optimize rates, reduce claims, and increase overall operational efficiency while reducing/eliminating sources of customer frustration.
- Development and piloting of the program and governance structure to manage the 10-year, $450 million program portfolio
- Replacement of the existing registry systems with a state-of-the-art COTS solution from the EIS Group
- Implementation of multiple solutions to address all stages of transformation such as omni-channel services, business intelligence and analytics, cloud migration, etc.
- Employing an approach that brought business and IT stakeholders together, fostered true collaboration, and delivered quick wins early in the project
Levio provided the following services:
- Strategic leadership, organizational and digital transformation
- Customer and stakeholder management
- Roadmap, project scoping (objectives), design, architecture, requirements
- Project and program planning, full life cycle management
- Agile development
- DevOps, QA, implementation, deployment
- Support and maintenance
- Change management and training
- Seamless change management, Agile execution, and a migration approach that allowed successive deliveries on time and without disruption to business operations.
- On a few occasions, some projects managed by other companies were about to fail. Levio was then asked to lead rescue missions and executed these missions successfully and efficiently.
- Levio delivered a new pricing solution for $4 billion worth of business. As a result, Levio was able to replace Excel as the primary pricing solution for actuaries, allowing them to push new pricing to production.
- Implemented various systems and solutions: billing, document creation, compensation, CRM underwriting solution, and policy management.
- Successfully converted 80,000 commercial policies.
- Successfully redesigned the office environment for 500 agencies across Canada, including networking, telephone routing, and security.
- The project was completed on time, on budget and within scope.
- Levio gained the client's trust and subsequently other mandates.
- Levio fostered a culture of collaboration within a complex organizational structure.