Acquisition & Digital Transformation
Case study on the acquisition and digital transformation of one of Canada's largest financial and property and casualty insurance companies.
Our client is one of Canada's largest financial and casualty insurance companies with over $50 billion in assets under management.
One of the largest acquisitions in the Canadian insurance industry presented significant operational, financial, and technological risks. Both companies had very distinct cultures, business flows, geographic presence, and IT systems. To further complicate the situation, thousands of employee, partner, and broker records, as well as millions of customer records, had to be combined. In addition, the organizational transformation and technology integration had to be completed on a very tight schedule and within pre-determined budgets.
Levio mobilized industry specialists and expert program management teams to quickly structure a governance, program objectives and a roadmap based on specific milestones. By adopting an approach similar to that of an intervention team, this allowed for rapid action in line with the defined vision, and successful pursuit of the established roadmap. Quick wins then fueled new momentum, unity within the team, customer acceptance, and positive cultural change. For Levio, delivering a quality solution is part of the organization's DNA.
Levio provided the following services:
- Strategic leadership for a $250 million technology and enterprise program
- Customer and stakeholder management
- Roadmap, project scoping (objectives), design, architecture, requirements
- Project and program planning, full life cycle management
- Agile development
- DevOps, QA, implementation, deployment
- Support and maintenance
- Change management and training
With over 150,000 person-days and 120 consultants working in concert with key players, clients and stakeholders, Levio developed and then executed the roadmap that delivered the expected results in half the time originally planned. Levio also occasionally embarked on rescue missions to recover stranded deliverables from other partners.
- Transformation was completed in half the time originally planned.
- All roadmap milestones were met.
- The project was completed on time, on budget and within scope.
- Levio gained the client's trust and subsequently other mandates.
- Levio won the top Octas award in 2016 for the "business solutions" category.