CASE STUDY: MERGER + MANAGEMENT TRANSFORMATION
Our client is the new company that resulted from the merger of two energy giants. It is one of the largest energy distribution companies in Eastern Canada, with sales of over $1.5 billion dollars.
The merger placed the new company in better position to address key challenges in its industry such as the ever-increasing complexity of energy distribution, declining volumes, and rising operational and environmental management costs. Levio’s mandate was to achieve three main objectives:
- Implement tools and resources to facilitate future acquisitions and support massive business growth
- Optimize common administrative and operational workflows
- Improve the overall customer experience
Levio first strategically developed a program management and governance structure to manage a three-year project, which was equivalent to 15,000 days of work per person and worth $10 million dollars. Levio then designed and created a comprehensive roadmap to merge/modernize the solutions and to centralize/optimize processes (telemetry, GPS, computerization, fuel distribution, technical services, access cards for fuel supply, inventory management, accounting and billing, bulk delivery, customer management, back-office services, etc.). Levio, with its people-centered approach, integrated itself into the change management process, empathizing with employees and customers from the outset to ensure successful adoption. The implementation of a business intelligence environment on Oracle OBIEE enabled better decision-making and facilitated the integration of future products/services.
Levio offers the following services:
- Strategic leadership, organizational and digital transformation
- Customer and partner management
- Roadmap, project scoping (objectives), design, architecture, requirements
- Project and program planning, full lifecycle management
- Agile development
- DevOps, QA, implementation, deployment
- Support and maintenance
- Change management and training
- Levio reached the first critical milestone 4 months into the project by installing telemetry devices in 150 trucks that are on the road 24/7 (timing was a major factor in receiving a $90,000 government grant).
- Each project had a return on investment of less than 2 years.
- Process optimization saved the company $10 million per year by virtually eliminating subcontracted trucking contracts, increasing the number of truck deliveries, eliminating excess administrative positions, and providing other benefits.
- Successful deployment of digital technology despite the high number of employees who could not use digital tools, such as tablets, before deployment.
- Real-time centralized information on the geo-location of the trucks.
- Automated invoicing.
- The project was completed on time, on budget and within scope.
- Levio won the client’s trust and subsequently other mandates.
- Levio has promoted a culture of collaboration within a complex organizational structure.