CASE STUDY: MERGER + DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
Our client is one of Canada’s largest financial institutions and insurance companies, with over $50 billion in assets under management.
One of the largest acquisitions in the Canadian insurance industry presented significant operational, financial and technological risks. The two companies had very distinct cultures, operational workflows, geographic presence and information systems. To further complicate the situation, thousands of employee, partner and broker files as well as millions of customer files had to be seamlessly merged. In addition, organizational transformation and technology integration had to be completed on a very tight schedule and within pre-established budgets.
Levio mobilized industry specialists as well as expert program management teams to quickly structure the project’s governance, objectives and roadmap based on specific milestones. By adopting an approach similar to that of an intervention team, Levio was able to act quickly—thanks to an aligned vision—and successfully carry out the established roadmap. Rapid gains then fuelled renewed momentum, unity within the team, client acceptance and positive cultural change. For Levio, delivering a quality solution is part of the organization’s DNA.
Levio offered the following services:
- Strategic leadership for a $250 million technology and business program
- Customer and partner management
- Roadmap, project scoping (objectives), design, architecture, requirements
- Project and program planning, full lifecycle management
- Agile development
- DevOps, QA, implementation, deployment
- Support and maintenance
- Change management and training
Levio developed and executed the $250M, 5-year roadmap that delivered the expected results in half the time originally planned. Levio also occasionally embarked on missions to take on action items that were not adequately handled by other partners.
· The transformation was completed in half the time originally planned.
· All the stages of the roadmap were completed.
· The project was completed on time, on budget and within scope.
· Levio won the client’s trust and subsequently other mandates.
· Levio won the first Octas award in 2016 in the Business Solutions category.