Senior DevOps Solutions Engineer
Do you thrive on solving complex problems? Are you motivated by fast-paced environments with continuous learning opportunities? Do you enjoy collaborating with a team of peers? At Levio, we are building a next-generation DevOps Services team. We need motivated and talented individuals on our team, and we want you! You’ll act as a technology leader and advisor for our clients, as well as a mentor for other team members. Projects would include things such as infrastructure architecture, automation, CI/CD Pipelines, and monitoring systems, from design through implementation. You will work with amazing clients from small start-ups to huge enterprises.
- Design cloud-based systems according to the AWS/Azure Well Architected Frameworks/GCP Cloud Architecture Framework.
- Implement these systems using DevOps best practices, aiming at improving the overall effectiveness of the client’s software development and delivery practices.
- Gather and document information about client environments and requirements through discovery activities and analyze the information to identify opportunities for improvement and application of best practices.
- Enable clients on the solution and provide support as needed.
- Observe and provide feedback on the current state of the client’s DevOps practices and tooling, and identify opportunities to improve resiliency, reduce the occurrence of incidents and automate repetitive administrative and operational tasks.
- Provide mentorship and training to other team members on technologies and processes.
- Stay up to date with current technologies and technical developments.
- Work collaboratively to contribute to the continuous improvement of our working culture.
- Meet professional consulting practice standards and demonstrate exceptional skills in foundational services, committing to continuous learning and training.
Work Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years DevOps experience with 3+ years client experience scoping and estimating projects and working with client technical teams.
- 3+ years experience using Configuration management tools such as Chef or Ansible
- 3+ years experience working with the HashiCorp suite of products, including Terraform and Vault
- 3+ years experience architecting and implementing DevOps solutions on public Cloud infrastructure, either AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- 3+ years experience with container-based technologies, including Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of DevOps Best Practices, including Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD Pipelines, Secrets Management, Configuration Management, DevSecOps
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as Grafana, Promethus, Dynatrace, Honeycomb, Nagios, Splunk, DataDog
- Software development experience (Ex. Go)
- Strong scripting experience (Ex. Bash/Python/Ruby)
- Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
- English is essential since nearly 90% of the communications made is in English
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, related technical field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Professional Certification in AWS, Azure or GCP (nice to have)
- Hashicorp Associate or CHIP Certification (nice to have)