Do you want to thrive in a highly collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment? Join our team of consultants at Levio, Canada’s leader in digital and organizational transformation.
Levio is a fertile ground to advance your career by enhancing and applying your skills and knowledge. By joining our team, you’ll have the opportunity to rapidly become an important player in ambitious projects regarding business, technology and software solutions.
Analytics is responsible for aligning with and contributing to corporate growth and profitability objectives by providing expert actuarial guidance, influencing business strategies, executing flawlessly, and rigorously defending our work.
This position will work on the Modeling & Major Initiatives team as a part of the broader Auto & Home Analytics department. The Modeling & Major Initiatives team develops and maintains models used in ratemaking, economic analysis, and underwriting. They also develop best practices and support enhancements to processes supporting major initiatives and the adaptation of models/major initiatives to state specific implementations.
The Actuarial Consultant will utilize various statistical modeling techniques to support the creation of models, will educate business partners on the use of these models, and will participate in innovative work to improve rating plan sophistication (such as the incorporation of telematics data) and decision-making support.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses best practices and traditional statistical/modeling techniques to develop and maintain rating, economic, and other models as necessary and in consideration of the business goals of the model
- Provide tools, educate and support state teams in the implementation of models and other decision-making support
- Follows appropriate analyses to be conducted for projects to make recommendations to achieve corporate goals
- With minimal direction plans, implements, manages, and/or contributes on projects that are up to moderate complexity and are small-to moderate scale using accepted project management standards
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables with assistance
- Tracks own plan performance and project timeline and communicates and presents project status
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project within own tasks
- Supports the development/ design of new plans, programs, processes, products up to moderate complexity
- Assists in the development of communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs, processes, products; solicits input from stakeholders
- Participates in the evaluation of procedures and processes regularly and makes observations or suggests improvements
- Contributes to market share growth and profitability by recommending changes to products, pricing, risk management
- Understands standard market specific implications of business strategies
- Assures proper execution of regulatory/legislative practices for Product Management
- Understands and follows internal and external compliance requirements/standards
- Analyze data and review analysis from others and identify and resolve basic data issues
- Trains/coaches team members or peers and actively shares expertise with peers
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s degree required – preferably in related field of study such as actuarial science, math/applied math, statistics/applied statistics, economics
- Proven business knowledge - understands economics of insurance; several years of experience with personal lines ratemaking and rating plans
- Aptitude and strong interest in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, GLM, GAM, GBM, etc. - some modeling experience is helpful but not required.
- Standard knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Strong technical aptitude, such as programming experience with Python, R, SAS, or SQL required.
- Working knowledge of insurance regulation and related business constraints
- Has an understanding of current industry and professional standards/ environment to impact decisions and indicate requirements
- Intermediate computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Possesses working knowledge of policies and procedures in management or other technical fields
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner and to monitor processes throughout a team or department
- Strong decision-making skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
Levio offers many benefits to provide the most flexibility to its employees! In addition to offering a stimulating and dynamic work environment, we offer:
- Group insurance
- A professional development allowance (PDA) that can be used for training, office supplies and physical activities
- Public transportation or parking is paid
- Referral bonuses for new candidates
- Training adapted to your fields of expertise
- An active social club
At Levio, we recognize the value of a diverse workforce and are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment thereby creating an inclusive workplace and work culture in which all employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Please submit your resume and tell us why you think you’d be a great fit! We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those selected will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!